Against Message Boards

I am writing on my little blog here because I have wasted so much time and energy on message boards.

And why did I do so?

Typically, it works like this: I have an idea. I want to talk about it with someone.

None of my real life friends want to talk about it. I actually have few friends, and precious few who want to talk about weird stuff that I am interested in. They have lives. Things to take care of. And so on.

So I go to an anonymous message board. I put out my thought. Someone, equally discombobulated, equally detached, responds.

Then we hash out the idea. But this other anonymous person is an unknown. Often, they are freaks of some sort that if met in real life would be avoided. But no one knows you are a dog on the internet.

It goes round and round. People with emotional issues will post it, bringing up their preoccupations with oppression. The worst is race, and it will often be brought up in say, fuel efficiency debates.

So, in a moment of clarity, which are rare, I am writing on here. This is my own space. People can come and go. Take it for what it is.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Trump Revolution Part 1

Unitarian Universalist

Trying to rewatch the new Star Wars trilogy