The Trump Revolution Part 1

Last year, on Election Day, I remember it quite vividly. I was doing ride sharing that evening. One passenger I picked up talked about the election. I may be amalgamating them, but bear with me. He said that if you're starving, you pick whoever may help you, even if it may lead to war. Anything to prevent starvation.

Then he said, "I'm going to watch Hilary win," as I dropped him off.

I took the night off as well. I opened up my laptop and turned on the New York Times.

And I watched in horror as the needle moved steadily left. Or was it right?

I voted for Hillary. Well, in actuality, I voted for Jill Stein on my ballot, but that was because I traded my vote for Stein in West Virginia for a vote for Hillary in Colorado. Clever. She won Colorado too, if I recall, so my part of the gambit worked. You could even argue it was the move of a super-Hillary supporter who very much did not want Trump to win.

I did not want Trump to win.

My dislike of Trump is very very simple. Experience matters. Time on the job matters. Trump did not have any relevant experience or time on the job. He had not been relevant as a business person for well over a decade. He was known for being on television playing out a role. I don't watch network television so I can't really say.

I'm going to end it here. I may pick it up later. I have many more thoughts, but to keep things brief, concise, and impactful, I'm going to end it for now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unitarian Universalist

Trying to rewatch the new Star Wars trilogy