Wonder Woman

I'm a little behind the times. It is odd to say. It is inevitable, as time passes. A big part of me still thinks that it is the Bush administration, because that was when I was in my early 20's.

Life has happened. The best part of my life is over. I am in my mid-30's. I have been reflecting on my 20's lately, well, before that. I see where people wind up in life. Much is typical and normal. Much is tragic and sad. As children we are set on a course like wind-up toys, as it is presented to us by the elders above us. Then we go and seek them out to the logical conclusion.

And I haven't written in a very long time. I am rusty, and my structures are misshaped. My thoughts are distracted and discombobulated. But my impulses are still solid, my tendencies and so forth. I have much to say about life. I hope that you join me.

Wonder Woman. I watched it last night. It was highly flawed. I found it quite boring in parts. It was interesting in other aspects. The setting of WWI is interesting. It is a forgotten war. It occurred even before the generation of our grandparents.

And yet, it is highly relevant to our situation today. War is dysgenic. It kills the best of us. Those that it leaves behind are the wastrels of society. The weasels. It is no wonder that in the aftermath of war, you get insanity. There is a direct line from Bush II's Iraq war to the transsexual stupidity on display today.

In the movie, who dies? Chris Pine's character dies. He is in his words, "above average." And he is. He is good looking, in shape, good body. Good character. Brave.

This bravery is what kills the best. Only the best are brave. But bravery gets you killed.

WWI was a disaster. It destroyed multiple empires. Multiple orders. Order is most important. I have been paying attention to George Friedman's work lately. Thirty-five years of destruction occurred in Europe. The continent as a whole was permanently diminished as a result of this war. Today we live in an era of amazing stupendous abundance. It truly is a remarkable time to be alive, now, with all of the wonders of human inventiveness. Just go to Best Buy or Walmart and it is incredible how there is a cornucopia of high quality and inexpensive goods. But prosperity brings about complacency and a lack of seriousness. This lack of seriousness leads to foolishness, and foolishness can lead to destruction. Donald Trump is President. He is a fool, without a doubt.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Trump Revolution Part 1

Unitarian Universalist

Trying to rewatch the new Star Wars trilogy